Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't Say I Do...

In honor of my parent's 39th wedding anniversary, I have compiled a few simple thoughts. While I understand my limitations as a writer, (a poet I am not...thus the BORROWED poem for Jenny's birthday post) I know I am a thinker. I think, I analyze, I symbolize, and so forth. So, here are a few words to commemorate this marvelous event. (Plus, much to my chagrin, NONE of the kids called them on Saturday. I did send a card, but ok, I feel pretty much this small about that.)










Don't Say "I Do"

When you marry, don't say "I do". "I do" is simply for the moment. It's a non-committal statement. "I do" means you can't rely on your spouse from the past, to the present, and into the future. "I do" is for the here and now. What we should say is I HAVE, I do AND I WILL! I have loved, honored, and protected my love. I HAVE demonstrated my commitment, my dedication, my sacrifice. And perhaps most importantly, I WILL continue to do so. Knowing that fact, deep within your core, is perhaps the most important factor of all, isn't it? It's that unfaltering faith in your beloved...that they will be there for you, and you for them... today, tomorrow and always.




Happy 39 you guys, I am so proud of you, and am so grateful for the lessons you have taught, are teaching, and will continue to teach.

God Bless You Both!

Love, Sam :)




Video game playin' fools in 1982...River Raider world champions!

Video game playin' fools in 2008...Guitar Hero II world semi-pros. :)



4 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Great photos, Sam! Love the one of your dad in 1982!

Amy said...

That was lovely, Sambo, good job! I think they look exactly the same as when I was 5, I don't like seeing the difference in the pictures. Makes me feel old.

jlcumber said...

Great Job Sam!!! Happy Anniversary Unle Lyle and Aunt Linda!

M and M said...

That was very nice Sam.Thank You, But you should feel bad about not calling us on our annivarsary. How could you let a little thing like life get in the way of calling to say Happy Annivarsary. I Never...... Well maybe once or twice.