Saturday, March 22, 2008

Caption..Thanks 4 playing!

Ok, so we had some very good guesses...and may I point out that your branch of the 'Cumbers has a strong interest in feces. I am not judging you guys, I am just sayin'. Just sayin'. Our side may find poop jokes, poop references, poop related noises and the like... funny, but we tend to keep those inner thoughts and laughter inside. It's interesting that your branch has chosen a free-er approach to feces related humor. It's an example that I both admire, and will try a bit harder to emulate. Thank you for opening my eyes.

But I digress:

That was a photo that was taken not long after Rhonda, Mom and I had decided that we needed a weekend away. We planned a trip to Tri-Cities, WA. I had called and booked facials for us, and we had planned a girly type weekend of shopping and fun. Driving down the street to our hotel, however, we saw that the Tri-Cities Americans (minor, semi-proish hockey team) were playing at home! The heck with the frigging facials, we cancelled those straight away and ran over to get our hockey tix. The event was a kick for all of us...and we were all greenies. (It was apparent we were, as we had seats right behind the goalie right against the glass. There was a little ledge that ran from the bottom of the window to the wall below, so we sat our drinks up on that ledge. Not noticing the knowing looks of our hockey neighbors...first smash up against the wall and BLAMO...those drinks looked so nice on us!! AND, ok, this is a long digression, too...but Rho kept taking photos. CUTE, hunky security guard came down and asked her not to do that. We had to take the frigging camera away so she wouldn't take more photos in an effort to summon him back again!) PHEW. AnyWHO, not long after we were playing Songburst with the fam and Andy's new bandmate/friend he had brought home for the weekend. Andy and I were teams and struggled and struggled with the lyric to a Whitney Houston tune...we haggled and corrected and finally, finally got the answer right! I leaped from my chair, threw my big 'ol arms in the air, and shouted "GOAL!!!!" As I did, I schmacked Mom's beautiful crystal chandelier with my hand, and it was swinging like mad. Andy were jubilant. Mom was not. She was piiiiisssed. I think Andy's friend thought we were all a bit off. I got the giggles, and this is the evidence. Hope I captured the essence of the funniness...it may have been one of those "you had to be there" moments, but that photo kills me. Yikes.

6 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

In our defense...if you had a sista that pooped her pants ON A REGULAR BASIS, you too would speak openly about it. She has given us so much material, we have virtually nothing else to speak about.

jlcumber said...

AMEN SISTER!!! Love the story though. Almost as good as a poop story. :)

Amy said...

I love poop. It is my life.

Good stories, Sambo! I'm laughing my butt off over here!

Sam said...

Of course! You know, if that was part of my psyche...I think I would be the same way. And like I said, I got nothin' but love for ya!!

M and M said...

The Hocky game wasn't as much fun as watching Sam as I stood glaring at her and my swinging chandler.

jlcumber said...

Hey girlie! Time to blog again! How was Easter? Any cute pictures of the kiddos??? xoxo