Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Little E

Birthday Party. Luau Theme. LIMBO LIMBO! How low can you go?
Raise your Tiki glass to 9 years of fun!!
My sweet little princess flower girl. She's an old hand at this thing...this is her third wedding. And now, sigh, for a trip down memory lane.
LOVE this picture. The panic on ALK's face. Hurry up, TAKE THE SHOT!!!
The wonder in her sweet little eyes when she's looking up at the Easter Bunny.
My little pea pod. It was typical trick-or-treating in E. Oregon. Ok, kids, take off your parka and your Sorels and your scarves and hats so you can show off your costumes~! This was so sweet on her!


So proud of her new teeth. :)Oh, my little swimmy suit model. Lovin it!

Her first ride on a horse. I knew then we had an equestrian on our hands.
I think I was modeling a naptime demo for her. I am good at napping.
She loved Rock and Roll Elmo. Lovin the Eeyore ears too.
A real live bunny in a photoshoot. Brave photo studio, I'll tell you that.

I have such an amazing daughter. God was smiling on the world the day he sent her down. It's hard for a mother to express just all of the qualities they love in their children, but I'll try.

Her intelligence far surpassed her mother's years ago. She is the best big sister a boy could ask for. I have always called her the deputy mom. I don't think I could have raised T without her. She's such a help to me, and I am excited about this pre-teen stuff, because we talk hair and clothes now....but we still get to play Barbies and Pollys. Yay for me. When I close my eyes, I still see that little face the moment she was born. So incredibly beautiful yet strong. Holding her head up just moments after being born. She was 9 lbs, so she was always healthy and strong. Still is. I have yet to see her fail at something she truly wanted to learn, do or try. I know that as she grows, her beauty and strength will be traits she will continue to show the world.

So, happy 9, E. Emmster, Emma Bean, McGloskey, Sissy poo, Sissy, Sweet Pea, Emmy, Emma Saywhen, Emmer, I couldn't love another baby girl on the planet as much as I do you, sissy. You made me a mother, the thing I had waited my whole life for. I will love you forever.

:)

2 comments:

jlcumber said...

Happy Birthday Emmers!!! 9!?!? Holy cow! Hope you had a great one.
Jenn

Roger said...

Yes, happy B-day Emma.