Sunday, September 7, 2008

Farewell, Sweet Summer

Are you the kind of Mom that is glad when summer is over? Are you the kind of Mom that drops the kids off and speeds away in the mini-van in a delerious stupor, or are you like me...when the end of summer fills you with a sense of dread. The feeling that the glorious fun-filled days of swimming, tanning, camping and lying in the hammock are gone... Gone, I say!

Well, this post is a quick summary of the rest of our summer. I would like to give a hearty thank you to Grandma and Grandpa for a summer to remember. We spent most of our time this summer in God' s country, and I can't thank them enough for the warm hospitatlity and the great summer memories. Love you!


The classic buried in the sand poses...from our July trip to the coast with Grandma and Papa.

E, T and I at our good friends' Billy and Caroline's wedding. Kids were the ringbearer and flowergirl. Too sweet.
The amazing location, as well as the amazing bride and groom. What a gorgeous wedding in the woods.
One of my best friends from college, Kerri, and I at her wedding one week later. So nice and relaxed. Was a great wedding and reception. She held out, and found the man of her dreams and I couldn't be happier for them.
Swimmy lessons at good 'ol Gleason pool in JD, where I took swim lessons when I was a wee one.


A fun trip to Unity reservoir where we boated and the kids got to ride in their blow up monster truck towable thingy. Pretty sweet. Such a riot for them. They SOOOO love it. I think they rode for over 3 hours one day without stopping.

Phew. That's about it. BUSY BUSY summer. Stay tuned. More news coming soon...E's bday...first day of school... good stuff.

4 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!

Amy said...

Ahhhh!Ahhh!Ahhhh! (me screaming)
You're back and I'M SO EXCITED! I'm a mix of both kinds of moms. I beg my kids to let me home school them, but I enjoy the fall so much and love seeing them head off to school.

Here's to many more wonderful posts from you!

M and M said...

You are very welcome, Sam we had a great time.

Roger said...

Thanks for sharing your summer. Sounds like it was a good one.
Also thank you for your comment to GG's blog.