Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Top Ten Tuesday Movies

Not really big on movies with actual humans in them anymore. Much prefer talking tow trucks, cute furry monsters and talking chipmunks. I'll give it a go, tho.

1. Raising Arizona - Classic from High Skoo - Spring Break my Soph year, perhaps. Funny stuff. (REPEAT OFFENDER - Ain't a perty name, is it Hi?)

2. Legends of the Fall - Love Tristan in that movie and in real life. Can't wait to show it to him when he's bigger. (Scrrrewww the govvement!!)

3. Lake Placid - Like a very bad B grade movie. Too dern funny! Giant Crocodile, eats helicopters. Has Betty White in it and she talks like a drunken sailor. It's hysssterical!

4. Bourne Movies - All of 'em. Love the tension so much that it makes my neck muscles hurt because of the friggin stress!

5. Dances with Woofs - Saw it with Dad in the theatre in Portland. Amazing movie. Cool experience with Pop, guess it's the one and only movie I have ever watched with just he and I. It's kinda special to me.

6. We are Marshall - Kinda sappy, but I love sports and sports movies. Love the heart and sense of community.

7. Cars - Yep, it's a gem for me. (Your name's Mater too?) I think Mater is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Will you marry me, Mater?

8. Pretty Woman - You have to love it if you were a girl in the 90's, right? (I have all this money, and I don't have a dress...)

9. Tombstone - One word. Val. (I'm your huckleberry..)

10. Emperor's New Groove and Kronk's New Groove - WHY DO WE EVEN HAVE THAT LEVER??!!!

Sorry, Rho. Borrowed some of your'n. :)

11 comments:

Thayer & Associates said...

Tombstone I LOVE Tombstone.

Amy said...

TOMBSTONE! that's the one I thought of and then it left my head. I knew I was forgetting one (yep, it's that huckleberry line that gets me). And Cars! I love Mater too! Pretty Woman, I didn't even think of Pretty Woman "If you want me to stop answering the phone, then stop calling me!"

Amy said...

Lake Placid? that was weird. Maybe I just need to watch it again without expectations of actual fear. More funny, less scary.

Rhoda said...

I LOVED We are Marshall! Football and Matthew McCwhatshisname together. It was sublime.

The Bourne movies were great too, forgot them.

Sam said...

Oh Amy, you should watch it again. Especially with your mother in law and two or three glasses of Pino Grigio. Funny stuff. Betty White kills me in that movie.

Rhoda said...

WARNING: If Sam ever asks you to watch Tombstone, just say yes. If you say no, she will say, "Ok, then just let me show you my favorite scene, that will be much quicker." This will NOT be much quicker. It will take just as long as it would have to watch the entire movie AND the bonus features! JUST WATCH THE MOVIE, TRUST ME ON THIS!!!!!!!

Sam said...

Rho....you are dang funny. It wasn't THAT bad. It only took a few hours to find the huckleberry part. Geez.

M and M said...

Ok, Sam I have to agree with Rhonda on this one. I spent the best years of my life that night watching assorted parts of Tombstone.............

Sam said...

You and Rho lack imagination. :)

Amy said...

Sambo, I'm with you, I would watch it in super slo-mo and we could act it out together in equally slow motion, savoring every glorious moment of Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holiday. It's that good. How do you spell portrayal, anyway?

M and M said...

Im up for watching you and Sam act it out. Now that would probably be a hoot.I'll bring the orange soda to blow out our nose.LOL