Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New Hair Day and Belated Happy Easter!

So, here's how I get down. I decide upon all of these cool ideas about which to blog, but the time to blog does not materialize. So, rather, I stalk all of y'alls blogs, comment profusely, and then don't post for weeks at a time. Now, it's baseball season. Two kids in coach pitch, we are coaching E's team, and so practice four nights a week. There goes more of my time...plus, oh yeah, you have to feed and water the little critters like, every day. And, fix the hot water heater. Do you ladies know what a thermocouple is? Do you know how to install one? Do you know how to repeatedly "reset" one in hopes that the NEW hot water heater will stay lit for more than a day at a time? Do you know how to fix your pump in your washing machine? You too can learn these things if you choose to run a household and raise children solo, but I can't say I recommend it. :) I am becoming super handy, tho!! Sheesh, so anyway....
Here's a (I admit) super-cute pic of the E-ster with the really cool new 'do. She wanted a boyish haircut, like brother's, that was spikey. I vetoed immediately in my mind, but the words out of my mouth were, "Hey, chicky, it's your hair. You can totally make the call. Let's look in these really super cute books and see what they have for LITTLE GIRLS." HA! You have to get up PRETTY early in the mornin.... Ok, so anyway, we decided spikey on the sides was just as cool. Phew.

Killing the Easter eggos.

Some Easter shots...pretty cold egg hunting this year, as usual. But, hey, it keeps the eggs at a nice temperature to avoid spoilage! :)

_____________________________________
POST-BLOG: Sorta like a post script to a letter. Ok, so we were leaving practice last night...this is Emma's practice, so I am coaching this team with Jay. So, this little child on her team is a challenge, but nothing I can't handle. I am firm with her, but the season is early, so I am still trying for the "cool coach" award.

T (from the back seat) - "Mom, were you pissed at _____ tonight?"
Me - "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"!!
E - (Flipping cracking up and not hiding it all that well.)
T - "Were you pissed at _______ tonight?" "What?"
E - (Really snorking and lettin' 'er fly at this point...totally cracking up.)
Me - "Honey, we can't use those words. That is a naughty word. Try angry or frustrated."
T-"Ok, Mom, I didn't know that was a bad word." Sure, T-Bone. Sure. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Whew! Sambo, that was alot of post. LOVE the hair, and your approach to it. Love your wittyness (is that even close to a real word) and your amazing handiness. Us female descendents are pretty handy, I love that about us.

Momo starts tball thursday. We've never done any of this before, so I'm pretty excited.

Rhoda said...

So were you pissed or not???? I'm on the edge of my seat. I love it that Emma is so like her mommy sometimes!! AWESOME!

jlcumber said...

Awesome post!!! I love those kids. they are so cute and smart and like their mom. :)

jlcumber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.