Friday, February 8, 2008

Tagged and Bagged and Gagged

Tagged by Becky!
10 Random Facts About Me:

1. When I get tired, I get scared really easily. Like, irrational scared. So, I spend alot of time lying in bed worried that I may not see the morning light. Not sure why. Once I finally figured it out, I now exercise positive self-talk. "Go to sleep, Sam. Yes, the closet door WAS closed when you laid down to go to sleep. You're tired. You will not be killed by a crazed madman. You will not be killed by a crazed madman." SO, it goes to show that I DO NOT read mystery/thriller novels before bed.

2. I like to cook, and I must say I am a pretty good chef. Two of my closest colleagues and friends have decided we will someday own and operate a women's retreat at Wallowa Lake, and I have officially been assigned chef duties. I have been mentally accumulating recipes to use for our venture. On one of our trips up to the lake, I served salmon cakes, and Peach Sangrias. Also, when I eat at a new restaurant, and if I eat something I LOVE, I have a hard time enjoying the meal, because I am dissecting it within an inch of it's life trying to figure out the ingredients and method of preparation. (I figured out an amazing pasta and prawn dish from Bugatti's and the Chicken Lettuce Wraps from PF Changs.) Yay me!

3. I love roller derby. I loved it when I was a child and I used to dream of doing it. I even remember a movie I was totally obsessed with when I was a kid. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it. I think I will do it someday before I am old and fragile. I have been accumulating some padding for quite awhile in preparation for my debut.

4. When I need to pee, my feet get really cold.

5. I love volkswagen beetles. I owned a aqua green one when I was in college, and I totally loved it. I love it still. I still see it from time to time around the streets of my town. My amazing cousin bought it, painted it, and then delivered it to me, and I had not even seen it. Thanks, JR. He is the shizzle.

6. I would LOVE to go to an icehotel. I love arctic culture, especially Icelandic life. I have done a good bit of research on the country, and it's absolutely fascinating to me.

7. I want to go into the woods and see how long I can survive...ala Survivorman. I think he'd be a dern good person to invite up to Jack Creek with us, or to Spring Creek.

8. I accidently sprayed deodorant in my mouth when I was little. I thought it smelled good, and I thought it may taste good, too. I then read the label, and was convinced I would die, like by the next day. I was so distraught I didn't know what to do, I remember thinking at the dinner table that night that it would be the last time I would have dinner with my family. I think I even worked a sort of "goodbye" speech in at some point.

9. I loved Ronald Regan. I sent him jelly beans in a snowman jar when he was shot. He then sent a thank you, and I became his little pen pal. I wrote back and forth with him a number of times.

10. I am fascinated by hovercraft technology. My Uncle Elmer says my Great Uncle Joe has a "flymo" - which is a hovercraft lawnmower. I plan to come over this summer to convince Elmer that we should get it running. (Expect a post about a flymo mowing my toes off in July or August.)

3 comments:

Amy said...

This was beautiful. All that I had hoped it would be and more. I laughed and laughed and I feel that I know you so much better than I did 3 minutes ago. I love you Sam! Thanks for playing with us!

LAYTON FAMILY said...

oooohhhh...survivorman at Jack Creek! I'm soooo in! I actually lived that 3 summers ago when my tent flooded and I had to live in my car with 5 children. And Jenny almost pushed me into the fire. D says a SMART person would have driven the car into town instead of sleeping in it. No one ever said I was smart.

Amy said...

Chris is so (sincerly) impressed with the Ronald Reagan thing. I totally remember that! I wonder why your feet get cold when you need to pee. Maybe there's something wrong with you. I should probably do some internet research and let you know what you might have.