Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hysterical vs. Historical & My Style Icon

Ok, suckas...how about these shots for a blast from the past?


This is Andy...bottles in hand. Always had a powerful thirst, I guess. ;) But, WTF with me in the background? Striking the Cosmo pose trying to steal Andy's thunder, I suspect.



Three McCumber men at Bobby's Picnic. Cute shoes, Ricardo!

Jenny showing us her slippers. Ain't she sweet?




Those 'Cumber kids, they are in heavy disguise...maybe they are hiding from their cousins?

____________________________________________________________

Ok, you know how little children love the "big kids" around them. Not just love...they worship them... they watch their every move...hoping, dreaming and praying that they can some day be like them? Well, no surprise that Amy was my idol. I LOVED her hair. I knew God gave her different hair than mine, for hers was beautiful and short and curly, and mine, long and straight and lackluster. Well, in the late '70's and early '80's perms were readily available! Yay for me! Lucky for me, too, that I had a Mom that would let me follow that star of someday morphing into Yma Rebmuccm. So, this is for you, Amy.


Look closely at this photo. See my hair? See the cute little girl in the background with a green shirt on? See what I mean? Too funny! Guess what Amy? I still think you look amazing!!!!


:) :)

3 comments:

Amy said...

This post was so worth the wait!!! WTF am I wearing?! Is that a fur shrug? Where is it now? Can I still pull it off? How funny that you were/are the pretty one with the long thick gorgeous hair and you wanted my horrid mop top! Kids are funny. Also, are you half out of your shirt in that first pic? Very sexy!

jlcumber said...

LOVE it. This was awesome!!! I looked evil in the slippers picture. Ha! Thanks Sam!

LAYTON FAMILY said...

AWESOME photos, Sam! I especially loved remembering that my mom's living room walls used to be sea foam green with all that brown furniture. Oh, and the plastic ORANGE grapes on the mantle. Orange grapes? And...I can't believe that I wasn't your fashion icon! Just look at that stringy brown hair! Who wouldn't want that? Geez.