Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Top Ten Tuesdeeeee! Mizundastood Song Lyrics

1. Wooly Bully

Heard - Matta toe hadda...blah blah blah blah....WOOLY BULLY! WOOLY BULLY. Watch it now, watch it! Here it goes!

Actual - Matty told Hatty about a thing she saw.
Had two big horns and a wooly jaw.
Wooly bully, wooly bully.
Wooly bully, wooly bully, wooly bully.

2. Hearts are Gonna Roll - Hal Ketchum (Courtesy of Jason)
When we were first dating, he sang along to the radio and nearly killed me on this one:

Heard - Hoss is on the Road...
Actual - Hearts are Gonna Roll

3. Purple Haze - Hendrix, Man.

Heard - Scuse me, while I kiss this guy
Actual - Scuse me, while I kiss the sky (yep, it's a classic.)

4. Bad Moon Risin-CCR

Heard - There's a bathroom on the right
Actual - There's a bad moon on the rise

5. Theme of Laverne and Shirley

Heard - Shamille, Shamozle, Hossenfepper, incorporated! (Wha? Like the bunny soup?)
Actual - Hmmm...not so bad. Sclemeel, schlemazel, hasenfeffer incorporated.

6. O Little Town of Bethlehem - courtesy of my wittle bwother

Heard- O Little Tiny Bashful Man
Actual - O Little Town of Bethlehem

7. Louie Louie - I know, I am taking all of the easy ones.

Heard - Loueye Loueye, Oh baby, me gotta go now...blah blah blah...(inaudible)
Actual -
Fine little girl waits for me
Catch a ship across the sea
Sail that ship about, all alone
Never know if I make it home - That's what I found on the web...hmm..who knew?

8. I am sure there are more, but how about just some dern funny lyrics that you really should hear. This is a serious, ballady song from funny man Gary Allan. Give it a listen below. Song title, What Would Willy Do? Listen for the dramatic dialogue portion in the break near the end of the song. Phew. Pertnear wrecked my cor when I heard this for the first time.

http://www.jango.com/music/Gary+Allan?l=0

Lyrics:

You know sometimes I wonder when I ain't gettin' nowhere

What would old Willie do when it all gets too much to bear
And I can see him on his lonely old tour bus
And he's got his problems just like any of us
Well he'd just take a deep breath and then he'd let it all go
And he'd take another deep breath and let it all go
And he'd take another deep breath...and he'd hold it
Ah and I bet he'd feel hungry in a way that seems strange
Yeah hungry for all the things that he just can't change
Like the time he passed out in is own bedroom
And his wife sewed him up in the sheets and beat him with a broom and he forgave her
And you think that's rough, well then the IRS came and they took away all of his stuff
They took his golf course and his recording studio, and he just went out and did another show
So when it's all coming down on you
You better ask yourself what would Willie do

9. Ray Stevens - Punk Country Love

(Talks about ways to keep life in the country from getting boring)...

So we'll go out to the barn and whoop the cow
Paint all the animals purple, safety pin the sows

Staple all them chickens together, watch 'em flop around the yard,
Handcuff the hired hand and grease 'em down with lard, yee haw!

10. That's all I got. Fun topic, Beckapoo.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ooh, Sambo, you hurt my sides with that one. Best post ever, I'm thinkin.

And, for the record, I do believe that you were right on all of the lyrics you heard, because I heard the same ones.

LAYTON FAMILY said...

very good, very good AND I heard the same words you did, too. especially on wooley bully.

jlcumber said...

Heard- O Little Tiny Bashful Man
Actual - O Little Town of Bethlehem

This is the one I ALWAYS think of anytime this topic comes up. I laugh and laugh. Oh Andy.