Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Raising Arizona


Ok, so you know how people have "Anthem Movies"...movies that are just part of you after you watch them? You are forever changed by the profound messages found within them? This is the case with Raising Arizona...a Coen Brothers film we discovered back in the late 80's. ? Anyway, this masterful piece was first viewed by us just prior to a Spring Break vacation when I was a Sophomore, I believe. We were so moved by this work, that we spent the entire break reciting movie lines...we were awash with the content of this film. A few of our Holly Hunter (Ed) faves:

"I need a baby, Hi, they got more than they can handle!!"
"We're a family now, everything's channgggeeddd"
"Turn to the right!"

A few of our Nick Cage (Hi) faves:

"That's one bonehead name, but that ain't me no more"
"I'll be takin these shere huggies and any cash ya got"
"Me and the boys is gonna kick back a couplea Cocacolas."

Anyway, over Memorial Day Andy brought a copy for us to view again. Graciously given to him by one kick butt guy, Mr. Ukle Andelesrey. :)

Here's some photos of our viewing session. I voted for "surprised eyes" in the second one, a'la the Bergs, but apparently my siblings have a lesser zest for surprised eyes. I look a bit more like surprised face, neck, torso, all over the dang place surprised. They opted for a more sophisticated and subdued approach. What-ev.


7 comments:

M and M said...

I Heard these lines so many times, on the spring break trip that year, That I was ready to throw three kids out the window.Its a pretty good movie, but try listening to it all the way to the coast and back. Oh Myyyyy Long trip tha year.........

jlcumber said...

FUN!!! :) Hmmm...And picture #2: Andy looks annoyed or something. Sam: surprised for sure and Rhonda looks goosed. :)

Amy said...

OH MAN! I was already bummed that we couldn't make it out there, now I feel like crying. Not really crying, but this is a movie Chris was appalled that I hadn't seen and made me watch it. One of his all time favs. I can't imagine him watching it with you guys. That would have been something to behold. His love for you only deepens.

Sam said...

I know...just further proof that you SHOULD have been my sister. I knew my whole life that I WANTED you to be my sister, but it never happened! I promise next time...we will all watch it together. Andy Rho and I will try not to recite word for word, thus distracting the other audience members. Too flippin fun!

Rhoda said...

I knew that Chris was one of us all along.....

Sam, what's the deal with kick-butt guy's name???

Me no habla....

Andie Lou said...

since when do i have 2 uncles?!?!?!?!?! i always thot i just had unkl Andy.... i suppose we should have a "welcome 2 da fam" paaaarta shouldnt we?!!? Any who, where have u been in the last cuple days... i havent had any comments from u and u havent had any new posts... u must b busy... wat ev. one of my life-altering movies is "the emporers new groove." we all kno that one well... lol... luv ya.

~DA

jlcumber said...

TIME To hear from Sam-bo! :) It was great to see you guys this last weekend!!!