Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ode to my Pa - AKA Sugar Lips

This was on the Pioneer Woman site today. You'll never guess who it made me think of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There was a man known ’bout town—a man named Sugar Lips.

See, Sugar Lips came to be known as Sugar Lips because, well…he had a way with words. So when Mrs. Brown’s beloved husband, Mr. Brown, was killed on the railroad tracks one day, the local authorities called on none other than Sugar Lips to break the sad news to Mrs. Brown because, well…he had a way with words. Happy to oblige, Sugar Lips walked up to Mrs. Brown’s house, knocked on her door, and waited. When Mrs. Brown answered, Sugar Lips asked, "Is you the Widow Brown?" Puzzled, Mrs. Brown responded, "Well, I’m MRS. Brown, but I’m not a WIDOW."

Sugar Lips replied, "The f**k you aint!"

Happy Wednesday, y'all!

PS - This picture always makes me think of him as a little turd...you know he wrecked his first truck when he was 3!!! :)

3 comments:

jlcumber said...

HE DID?!?!? I didn't know that and I love the joke and Uncle Lyle! :)

M and M said...

It is of vital importance, in this age of poitical correctness that some of us old rednecks still remember how to "tell it like it is"!!!!!!!!! Luv you too Jen. The folks at WM transportation were duely impressed with my RECORD of the youngest to wreck a truck???? Anyhow no one I knew wanted challenge my record

Andie Lou said...

i totally like ur new look [the blog, not u]lol. U had a busy chirismas and eve. lol... i changed the name of my blog to "the game nazi" i like it!!